Re: help with firefox and NVDA

Sandesh computer trainer HR

Hi
Recommend to use edge web WhatsApp. Use the browse mode while you are
reading the messages. While you are writing the messages you can shift
to focus mode with latest NVDA. And ubgrade latest whatsapp.

On 6/12/22, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I just found out that you don't have to use object navigation to see the
UBlock Origin button. Firefox is properly accessible so if you are on
the address bar and tab to save to pocket, you can right arrow through
buttons until you get to the UBlock Origin button, which you can
navigate with the space bar.

Still, many people may benefit by knowing at least a little about object
navigation.

Gene

On 6/11/2022 8:17 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll give those following this thread an example of the value of
object navigation.

I use UBlock Origin )(spelling) to block ads. If you move by object
in the address bar in Firefox, you will find a UBlock Origin button.
If you activate it, UBlock Origin will open a dialog with settings for
the specific site you are on. You don't see these options when you
are working with the general add-on settings in the add-ons section of
the program.

It may be that a lot of people, perhaps most, won't be interested in
these options but this is an example of how, in some programs, you
can't do certain things without object navigation and in some programs
it is necessary to use it to use the program to a meaningful extent.

As I said, depending on how people use a computer, they may not need
or want to use object navigation but I am pointing out its usefulness
and importance because I suspect a lot of people don't know the
potential of using it.

Gene

On 6/11/2022 8:06 PM, Gene wrote:
I just checked. In the Brave and probably other Chrome-based
browsers, what I said will work. In Firefox, you first have to issue
the command numpad insert numpad 8 to move up one level and you can
then move as i described. Since I don't know how you use a computer,
it may be that you will seldom need to use object navigation, but I'm
saying that what I described does work with one extra command in
Firefox.

As I said, there are programs where it is necessary to use object
navigation and I want those following the thread not tobe left with
the impression that object navigation doesn't work in this instance.

Gene

On 6/11/2022 7:44 PM, Ibrahim Abedrabbo wrote:
No Gene, object navigation did not work. When I tried object
navigation left and right, I got no objects. Bob’s instructions
worked like a charm. Buthank you for trying, and thanks a bundle for
showing me how to do object navigation.
Cheers,
Ibrahim

On Jun 11, 2022, at 8:26 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

 I can't test this because I don't have a page to test it on,
voice search with Google isn't available in Firefox, but I expect
what I described to work. It is still something that may be of
considerable benefit to know at least a small amount about object
navigation unless you use programs that are all properly accessible
and don't go beyond them. You may come across programs where there
is no other way to work with some aspects of the program.

I hope you will try what I suggested so that if such an occasion
arises, you may be able to do what you want without delay and
perhaps significant inconvenience.

Gene

On 6/11/2022 7:14 PM, Ibrahim Abedrabbo wrote:
Thanks a million Bob. This solved the problem when nothing else
worked.

I truly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Ibrahim

On 6/11/2022 7:03 PM, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
When you press F6, then shift tab until you hear a message about
trackers. When you get to that message, press right arrow twice,
and you should get to the manager sharing settings button. From
there, press either space or enter, and you will see a block
button and an allow button.
On Jun 11, 2022, at 12:11 PM, Ibrahim Abedrabbo
<abedrabboibrahim@...> wrote:

Hello folks,

I am trying to use the whatsapp web using the latest version of
firefox on a laptop running windows 10, last update. NVDA is my
only screen reader. I am using NVDA 2021.3.

When I try to send a voice message on whatsapp web using fire
fox, I get this message:

"Allow microphone
To record Voice Messages, WhatsApp needs access to your
computer’s microphone. Click in the URL bar and set “Use the
Microphone” to “Allow.”
OK, GOT IT"

When I hit f6 to go to the URL bar I only find the whatsapp web
address, but no buttons to adjust the setttings for my
microphone there. What is the NVDA command to reach to this area
when I get such a message on firefox?

I hope those who use firefox and NVDA can help me with this one.

Regards,

Ibrahim

--
With Regards