Re: Need help with Thunderbird and Mozilla Apps Enhancements

Gene

Since I don't know what is causing the problem, there are two things I will suggest, though I don't know if either will help.  I am confident my second suggestion will and I don't know about the first, but I consider the first to be an inferior choice.  You might consider running the portable version for the reasons I give below, as well.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the program is one and the other is trying Thunderbird portable.

There are one or two minor or very minor things you can't do with the portable version but in general, it does everything the installed version does.  In addition, if the program ever becomes corrupted, you can have a back up copy and just delete the one you are using, then copy the backup to the location where you keep the one you use.

And you can use the program from an external drive or copy it to any computer you wish and use it.

Here is a link to download an old version of the program with the add-on already installed and the from line already displaying at the top.  The program will automatically update after it has been placed on the machine but even if the add-on doesn't work, the program may need nothing changed.  I expect the add-on to work, however, since it did in this copy on my machine.
Its a portable program so unzip the files wherever you want and, when in the folder, type t to get to Thunderbird.exe.  Press enter to run the program.  You can also send a shortcut to Thunderbird.exe to the desktop and create a short cut command to run it that way if you wish.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/esnytwkxvq2grz0/ThunderbirdPortable.zip?dl=1

Gene

On 6/12/2022 4:00 PM, Shawn via groups.io wrote:

Hi, I just installed Thunderbird yesterday, got the afore-mentioned addon, and had no problems moving columns opening the dialogue with NVDA+H, though I got the no column headers found error once until I made sure I was in the message list. Today a friend decided to get Thunderbird as well, just installed the addon, and gets the message column headers not found. I remoted in and tried matching some of her view menu settings to mine, but still can't get the column headers dialogue on her machine. Being in the message list or even in a specific message doesn't help. Rebooting NVDA and Thunderbird didn't help. We're both using the latest Thunderbird and NVDA with Windows 10. Any settings she needs to change to get this to work? She wants to move correspondents to the top of the list just like I did. Thanks.

Shawn Klein