Re: Weather.zipcodes: My own Customization

Ron Canazzi

Hi Anthony,

This listing at https://weather.codes/united-states-of-america/ gives entirely different weather codes than are listed in the Weather Plus Add on. I don't quite understand. None of the ones I type in show anything accurate.

On 10/13/2016 9:22 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
Ah, okay.

In that case how about https://weather.codes/italy

Just change the name of country at the end (always in lower case, and
hyphenated if it's something like https://weather.codes/new-zealand/ ) and you
can get a list of all cities which have codes in that country.

I'm not sure whether there's a list of all the countries covered by this
system, though.

Antony.

On Thursday 13 October 2016 at 15:16:38, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Antony,

I am well aware of the zip code/postal code differentiation. My response
was to a question from Adriano concerning why I didn't import the postal
codes or Yahoo Weather designations from a weather.zipcodes file. I
asked him if there was some sort of master list.

On 10/13/2016 7:27 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
ZIP codes only exist in the United States.

They're assigned by the United States Postal Service.

Other countries may (or may not) have systems based on a similar concept,
but the codes themselves can be quite different (for example British
Postcodes use letters as well as numbers), and the sizes of areas
covered by each code can vary considerably (for example British
Postcodes are often specific to a single street, whereas German
Postleitzahl cover quite large areas of a city).

Antony.

On Thursday 13 October 2016 at 13:09:57, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Adriano,

Is there some sort of master list somewhere of all the zip codes in the
world? If so, I haven't seen it. Where is it and how do I get it?
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"