Re: Does NVDA have this feature that Window-eyes has?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

It does have it for single character strings. I believe what they are asking is if there are multiple character repetitions whether that feature is active.

Here's an example of what I mean.

9=9=9=9=9=9=9=9=9=

NVDA doesn't have a setting for such strings as does JAWS sand Window-Eyes.

On 6/16/2022 11:31 AM, Gene wrote:
It does have it.  If it didn't, you would hear something like equal repeated as many times as it appears on a line.  Instead you hear twenty equals, if there are twenty equals uninterrupted on a line.

If your punctuation isn't set at a level where the sign is spoken, you will hear nothing.  So with equal, if punctuation is set to none, you won't hear anything.  With punctuation set to some or higher, you will hear the announcement.  However, I know of no way to turn the feature  off or on and I don't know if that matters.

Gene
On 6/16/2022 10:25 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
You might want to maybe put that issue in as a github issue, or if you can code, make an add on if one does not exist.