Re: holding off on 2022.1 due to Code Factory dragging their feet

mike mcglashon

Quoting:

My own view is that these add-ons should be updated in the Alpha or Beta stages, not after release. Either that, or NVDA should not keep breaking compatibility with them.

End quote:

Amen to this.

If NVDA were a commercial software instead of “charitable open source code”, these practices might not be tolerated as easily.

I wish sometimes that NVDA would “actually charge” for its software instead of hiding behind “donations” then we could demand excellence.

It is strictly my belief that we as a society give too much leeway to “charitable” products.

I say these things as a “donor” to NVDA.

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

No, you’re not alone. It makes work also for the average user, who gets their NVDA just right with add-ons, only to find them broken in the next version.

My own view is that these add-ons should be updated in the Alpha or Beta stages, not after release. Either that, or NVDA should not keep breaking compatibility with them.

All the best

Steve