Re: NVDA 2016.3 not working - help?

Sharni-Lee Ward

For the record, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and the latest Firefox, as well as NVDA 2016.3, and have no problems with Firefox. None. Nada. I don't know what the problem could be for this person but I know I don't have it.

On 14/10/2016 6:08 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi

Does it happen in other applications as well or just in mozilla fire fox?

When you go into other applications does it speak the menus correctly or you can navigate with the arrow keys?

Do you get the same result in other browsers with it not speaking? You probably have mentioned it but what operating system and version of nvda?

Gene nz

On 13/10/2016 2:40 PM, Gerry Neustatl wrote:

Hi all

I have been using NVDA for years. I use a Windows 7 machine with current Firefox and have updated to NVDA 2016.3. It no longer works for me.

When I start NVDA I hear the piano arpeggio as usual, and the page title is read. After that nothing else is read. For example:

·         Hitting the “H” key reads “H” rather than navigating to the first page heading

·         Tabbing through the page moves focus but nothing is announced

I am not sure if this is a bug with NVDA, Firefox or my computer audio settings, but suspect it’s an NVDA issue.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Suggestions?

Cheers in advance, Gerry

ABC

Gerry Neustatl
Accessibility SME/Senior XP Designer, Digital Design

+61 2 8333 3433

+61 414 887 627

neustatl.gerry@...

-

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and may contain legally privileged or copyright material. It is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. The ABC does not represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free. Before opening any attachment you should check for viruses. The ABC's liability is limited to resupplying any email and attachments.