From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2022 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA is not reading out buttons in Chrome browser

You may do things in ways that computer users generally don't do
things. That doesn't mean that the general user should do things in a
different way. Chrome-based browsers update in the background. and on
what do you base your distrust of about dialogs? I haven't seen one
computer advisor nor anyone else say they are unreliable.

I have no objection to you doing things as you wish but you are making
statements and implications that updating Chrome-based browsers as most
computer users do is unreliable or in some way a disadvantage to what
you do, with which I most emphatically disagree.

Gene

On 6/18/2022 12:04 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I’d rather update through chocolety, as it updates in the background,
and I have about 30 other windows apps I update in this way, all at
once. I don’t trust the about dialogue, ever, not in chrome anyway.
Give me a package manager any day, or give me the installer so I can
just update by hand and keep the follinstaller around in case I have
to reinstall from scratch.