From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 12:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issue With This Apparently Phantom Item 'Task Switcher'
With Recent Updates of NVDA

I've always assumed it comes up when all switchable (alt+tabbable)
applications are busy, and can't re-render their interfaces for some reason.
So Windows can't finish switching to them. But that's a wild guess.

I've only ever run into it when I have three or fewer applications open,
which is so very rare that I haven't encountered it enough to bother me.

But I'm pretty sure I have encountered it from time to time in Windows 10 of
various releases. (I never had Win 7)

Luke