Re: Issue With This Apparently Phantom Item 'Task Switcher' With Recent Updates of NVDA

Tony Malykh

I experienced this on my Windows 11 laptop. I agree it is quite annoying. I found a workaround - you need to enable classic Alt+Tab dialog:
1. Install program called winaero tweaker
2. Appearance > Alt-Tab appearance > Enable classic Alt+Tab dialog
HTH
--Tony

On 6/17/2022 11:40 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I have noticed that with some recent updates of either NVDA or Windows 11 itself, that particularly if I have multiple windows open, I see what I believe is a phantom windows identified with (insert + T) as 'Task Switcher.'  When this happens, it makes navigation more difficult, slows down the response of the computer and causes annoying efficiency issues.

Has anyone else experienced this lately and if so, what could be causing this and is there a solution?  Thanks for any help.