Re: NVDA is not reading out buttons in Chrome browser

Mo Khan

hi there, do you have the latest version of chrome? also perhaps try restarting the machine then reloading the browser. good luck. thank you. Mo.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 3:45 PM Nayana Lakhwani <nayanalakhwani@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I am using NVDA on a Windows10 machine. I have observed the issue below.

NVDA is not reading out Bookmarks, show side panel, Refresh, Forward and back buttons in Google Chrome browser, when we mouse hover on them or even with tab buttons.

image.png

Although its reading out all options in Microsoft Edge browser correctly.

Environment:

Windows Version : Windows 10 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1706)

NVDA Version : NVDA 2022.1

Chrome Browser Version:  102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Microsoft Edge version102.0.1245.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

Steps to reproduce:

1.     Open chrome browser

2.      Mouse hover on bookmarks option, show side panel button, Refresh button. and verify if NVDA reads out loud all these options

3.     Open Microsoft edge browser and hover on the Favourites, bookmarks button. NVDA reads out all options as we hover over each one of them.

Key Points:

·        Behaviour is same with NVDA and Narrator. Both the screen readers are not reading out chrome browser buttons.

Thanks

Nayana Lakhwani