Re: Trying to help a friend with Code Factory voices

Sarah k Alawami

Oh, I agree, however those of us who have contacted CF, I’m not one of them, I’m sure have gotten a lot of backlash re this method.  And it’s not a matter of if they go out of business but when, as it will happen at some point in someone’s future.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 9:03 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Trying to help a friend with Code Factory voices

As I understand the authorization system, it relies on the synthesizer contacting the server run by the company to verify that the product is registered once a month.  That means that if the server is down, if the user is not on the Internet for some reason, or if the company goes out of business, the synthesizer won't function until some provision is made.  I haven't looked into the keys question but I consider the need for monthly verification to be a very serious defect.  Once a product is authorized, it should stay authorized.

Gene

On 6/22/2022 10:57 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I wish we could just go to a website and reset our own keys, like you can reset your jaws license keys.