Re: Skipping the advertisements in web browsers.

Gene

That is not my experience and I haven't seen anyone else make such statementss.  I rarely come across a page that doesn't work because an ad blocker is used.

Gene

On 6/26/2022 4:21 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
However, be aware that this is a bit like a war. The sites rely on advertising to pay for them being free to the public. When you block adverts, often this can be seen by the site who might decide to deny access until you allow adverts again. Its all part of the commercial reality of life, sadly.
What to my mind is needed here is some kind of add on that displays adverts separately from the pages, rather like a split screen system, so the badly formed inaccessible ads we often encounter do not make the actual site almost impossible to navigate for us, but still allows us to see or hear the adverts if we want them.