Re: Connection of pc to Signal messenger or WhatsApp

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hello there.

No it's not that. When entering a signal chet, the NVDA is switching to edit mode. I know that. But when that happens, i can only navigate in an empty edit field. *grins* So i am switching to browse mode but then it reads, what i described in my prior mail.

Regards

Daniel

Am 26.06.2022 um 14:16 schrieb Sim Kah Yong:

Hi Daniel

Try NVDA + Space to switch to browse mode and see if it helps. Thanks.

On 26/6/2022 7:43 pm, Daniel Sommerfeld wrote:
Hi Brian and all.

I finally managed to connect my signal to my pc. It works just fine.

But i still have a problem with using it under NVDA.

When i am scrolling through the messages, it still reads buttons and lines when the focus is on a message in a chat window. With the other screenreader, i don't havve that problem. You know, the dhark. :-)

Is there a way to turn that off for NVDA so i can read the messages easier?

Regards

Daniel

Am 24.06.2022 um 09:41 schrieb Brian's Mail list account via groups.io:
I seldom have a screen connected to most of my computers, so I feel their attitude is a little restrictive when most other systems seem to be happy using short texts or sending a code to a separate email address.
Not really nvdas fault, just all part of the fuzzy thinking when it comes to accessibility vs security.