Re: Skipping the advertisements in web browsers.

Giles Turnbull

One website that I know won't show content if adverts are disabled, is ITV online catch-up. I like to watch The Chase quiz show online, but it won't play the episodes if the browser has an ad blocker active. ITV are even more strict than this, because if you are watching a show and skip to a different webpage (or web browser) while an ITV advert is playing, the advert will pause until the ITV window has focus again! I've never figured out how the advert knows that it doesn't have focus, nor that it has lost focus to a different website, since the advert will continue to play if you switch to a non-internet window such as notepad!