Re: NVDA is not reading out buttons in Chrome browser

Nayana Lakhwani

Hi Quentin,

I have created an issue in GitHub for the above item.

I have added an issue with Actual Behavior, Expected Behavior and System configuration details
I am not able to add labels and priority so they are missing.

Please update it if required.

Thanks
Nayana Lakhwani

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 9:23 AM Nayana Lakhwani <nayanalakhwani@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin for confirming.

I will create an issue and share link with you.

Thanks
Nayana Lakhwani

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022, 3:10 AM Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Thanks Nayana,

Yes this seems to be an issue.  I can see several issues with mouse tracking on GitHub, however these tend to relate to various elements on pages themselves.  I didn't see one for the Browser controls themselves.  They do read for me when I navigate with the keyboard, but still not with the mouse.  Tested with 2022.1 and 2022.2Beta2 with Chrome Version 102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Do feel free to create an issue, and if your version of NVDA or Chrome is different, feel free to note mine as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 12:59 AM Nayana Lakhwani <nayanalakhwani@...> wrote:
Hi Quentin,

I have verified the NVDA and Chrome browser interaction issue as mentioned in my firstemail on Saturday once again.

NVDA is not reading out chrome browser elements and Ihave followed troubleshooting steps as suggested in

I have verified this issue on multiple machines and behaviour is the same.Please suggest if this is an issue and Can i report this in GitHub issue tracker.

Thanks
Nayana Lakhwani

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 11:46 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 01:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I have no objection to you doing things as you wish but you are making statements and implications that updating Chrome-based browsers as most computer users do is unreliable or in some way a disadvantage to what you do, with which I most emphatically disagree.
-
As, I believe I can say with assurance, would virtually any professional computer tech out there.  I haven't seen a web browser that's unreliable about self-updating in a very long time and, much like Windows, if you recognize that it's not updating that indicates that something is wrong.

I have no issue with anyone choosing whatever methods they see fit to maintain their machines.  But I agree that casting doubt upon what are generally recognized as rock solid self-updating functions is counterproductive and innacurate.

That being said, we need to redirect this conversation to an "as it relates to NVDA and Chrome interacting" topic.  I can't help because the issue the OP has reported is, as far as my experience goes, singular.

It never hurts to follow The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager