Re: Skipping the advertisements in web browsers.

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 07:36 AM, Gene wrote:
I rarely come across a page that doesn't work because an ad blocker is used.
-
Same here, virtually never.

I am not doubting those who say they've encountered them, but they are, overall, the rare exception.  These days I do get some sites that ask me to turn off my ad blocker, which I don't do.  For that very rare website that has refused entry or otherwise misbehaved badly when an adblocker is in use, I find an alternative.

I haven't browsed the web without either an ad blocker add-on/extension or using a browser like Brave or Vivaldi that has ad blocking built-in for many years now.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill