Re: Skipping the advertisements in web browsers.

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 05:27 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Which makes me ask why web site builders often disguise the next button by claiming its a button when its really a link instead.
-
The rise of the link-button or button-link has mystified me as well.  The only reason I can think of to favor this device is because it is a lot more visually distinct than hyperlinks are, and buttons draw visual attention in a very different way than hyperlinks do.

I hate the things because unless I do a hover over with the mouse I can't honestly tell someone whether what they're dealing with is a real button or a hyperlink dressed as a button.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill