Re: Skipping the advertisements in web browsers.

Well I don't mind adds but its been known that adds can potentially lead to malware.

I was on a site I used to frequently use.

It displayed adds and I worked round them.

But one day I was asked to install programs and other activex in internet explorer.

I also had sites trying to download trials and other junk onto my system.

Anyway I contacted the owner to find out yes they did use an outsourced add system.

And this is where the danger is.

They had no control of what was on that server or who could use it.

They immediately stopped using that system and switched to another but adds while a potential accessible issue are also potentially dangerous.

I mean I know we need adds to live just like your youtube videos and heck I don't begrudge websites having apps unless you donate or well buy in, but adds can also do dammage to.

On 26/06/2022 9:21 pm, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
However, be aware that this is a bit like a war. The sites rely on advertising to pay for them being free to the public. When you block adverts, often this can be seen by the site who might decide to deny access until you allow adverts again. Its all part of the commercial reality of life, sadly.
What to my mind is needed here is some kind of add on that displays adverts separately from the pages, rather like a split screen system, so the badly formed inaccessible ads we often encounter do not make the actual site almost impossible to navigate for us, but still allows us to see or hear the adverts if we want them.