Re: Skipping the advertisements in web browsers.

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 08:11 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:
I have found that the brave browser does a good job of blocking adds.
-
Agreed.

I will say, though, that if anyone chooses to use Brave, Vivaldi, or any other ad-blocking and security-focused browser, there will be occasions where certain websites just do not play well with them.

My partner uses Brave almost exclusively, but his online banking simply will not work under Brave.  You need to be occasionally ready to punt to another browser.  And it's seldom the ad-blocking, but the higher security restrictions, that cause things to trip-up.

Just like there are occasions where you need to use a screen reader other than your preferred one, the same is true when it comes to web browsers.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill