Re: Getting to the bottom of a form. was Re: [nvda] Skipping the advertisements in web brouzers.

Brian's Mail list account

The problem is that a lot of places use this format for things like creating an account, to me this ought to be done on one page, since it makes it easier to spot any cock ups.
At other times creating an account just appears to be a big questionnaire, ie they gather as much info about you and your opinions as you are willing to give during the creation process , so the description often is blurred, and these sort of creation pages mean you have no idea what you will be asked or if you will fail at the final visual capchar option at the end as you cannot see it first.
Sorry, but that is one of my trigger points grin.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2022 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: Getting to the bottom of a form. was Re: [nvda] Skipping the advertisements in web brouzers.

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 05:26 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

My problem these days is that many forms only have one question per page
and will not let you hit next till you have filled in the required
replies.
-
That's not a form, plain and simple.

The "single question per page" questionnaire format has been with us for decades, but it's not a form in any meaningful sense of the term.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

~ Dorothy Nevill

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.