Re: Skipping the advertisements in web browsers.

Gene

On thinking about this further and looking at two pages, very brief forms that you use to log in to a site may have a log in button instead of a submit button.  I think the button on such very short forms usually says login.  Searching for log may work if submit doesn't work and you may see that on some kinds of pages, searching for log may be more likely to get you to the button.

But my question still remains.  Why do you come across forms enough that this is an issue?  If you skip the navigation links at the tops of pages and move by heading or use skip blocks of links, you shouldn't run across such forms regularly.

There are times  when you will want to look at navigation links, but on familiar pages, this is often not necessary.

Gene

On 6/26/2022 10:36 AM, Gene wrote:

If so, when you are at a form, searching for the word submit should place you on it and thus at the end of the form.  Screen-reader search on web sites is one of the most valuable and underused screen-reader features.

Gene

On 6/26/2022 10:22 AM, Jason Bratcher wrote:
And some forms don't have a physical Submit button coded in html on the page.
Just the word "Submit" that's marked up to be clickable.
I've seen that on countless forms.
Bad practice in my book.

Jason Bratcher