Re: NVDA Malfunctions In Read-Only Text Boxes In Google Chrome When In Focus Mode

The issue opened by Mr. Robinette was closed with this note, "This seems like intended behaviour for Chromium. Consider opening an issue against Chromium."

That's the long and the short of it.  Any screen reader can only work with what is exposed to it to work with.  This specific situation appears to stem from what Chromium-based browsers allow the screen reader access to.

It does make me wonder, though, why NVAccess would not actually follow-up with opening such an issue.  I know from my years "in the coding biz" that issues opened by entities tend to get a lot more, and more immediate, attention than those opened by end users.  A pecking order exists.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill