reducing the frequency of progress updates

Bob Cavanaugh

Hi all,
I have changed my NVDA progress indicator from beep to speak, but am
wondering if there is a way to refine the way progress is announced.
Is there some way I can only have as many indicators announced as NVDA
can read without getting behind? For example, I just sent a file to
someone using We Transfer. As the file was uploading, NVDA would say
1% transferring, 2% transferring, 3% transferring, and on and on. If I
hit the control key at that point, it would continue to speak, but say
8% transferring, 9% transferring, etc. Is there a way for NVDA to only
give as many progress indicator outputs as it can comfortably speak?
Thanks,
Bob