Re: "input gesture dialog" bug

Gene

I suspect this error has been around for a long time.  Does the error only occur when you type an individual letter?  It may be a bug that doesn't matter.  I generally would expect people to filter by a word or group of words and not by  a letter.  .

Gene

On 6/29/2022 7:30 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:

Hello!

A curious error...

It only happens at certain categories and with certain letters...

By instance, in the Mouse category, if I search by "a" don't gave errors... If I search by "b" it gaves the error...

And the error is index out of range...

The error when you open again the Input gestures dialog is because the previous instance was not destroyed because of the error...

Rui Fontes

Às 12:08 de 29/06/2022, bering.p escreveu:
Hi,
I think I discovered an NVDA bug using the "input gestures" dialog.
I would like you to confirm this and if so, that one of you accustomed to the ticket, make one.
I consistently reproduce it with NVDA 2022.1 and 2022.2 beta and all add-ons disabled.
To do this:
- launch nvda with add-ons disabled,
- display the "Input gestures" dialog,
- press "end" to select the last category,
- go up two categories to select the "mouse" category,
- then "shift+tab" to position the cursor in the "filter" field,
- type "z".

A series of errors appear in the log.
Then, each time the "Input gestures" dialog is restarted, a new error is entered in the log.
Thank you.
Best regards.
Paul.
--