Re: "input gesture dialog" bug

bering.p

Hi.
When an error is traced in the log, how do you as a user know that it does not impact NVDA?
How can we verify that the result of the filter is correct when there is this error?
It seems to me that an error that does not impact NVDA, is reported as a warning.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 29/06/2022 13:53, Gene a écrit :

But do the errors effect NVDA?  It sounds as though the point is to provide a command to take an action.  Is the action taken?  I have no objection to reporting the error, but if it doesn't affect performance in any way, correcting it may not be a good use of resources and time.

Gene

On 6/29/2022 6:08 AM, bering.p wrote:
Hi,
I think I discovered an NVDA bug using the "input gestures" dialog.
I would like you to confirm this and if so, that one of you accustomed to the ticket, make one.
I consistently reproduce it with NVDA 2022.1 and 2022.2 beta and all add-ons disabled.
To do this:
- launch nvda with add-ons disabled,
- display the "Input gestures" dialog,
- press "end" to select the last category,
- go up two categories to select the "mouse" category,
- then "shift+tab" to position the cursor in the "filter" field,
- type "z".

A series of errors appear in the log.
Then, each time the "Input gestures" dialog is restarted, a new error is entered in the log.
Thank you.
Best regards.
Paul.
--