Re: getting the repeting of the subject line in an e-mail to stop repeting when you open a message

Rosemarie Chavarria

I think it was Arleen who told us about it awhile back. I went into keyboard settings and checked the box for skim reading. Try it and see if it helps.

On 10/14/2016 3:07 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
Hey, cool trick! This saves a step! I'll do it!

:-)

Roger

Hi, Roger,

What I do is when I open a message, I hit up arrow and the message is read out automatically. I have skim reading checked. That's in the keyboard setting in the NVDA menu.

Rosemarie

On 10/14/2016 2:21 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
NVDA has been doing this with Thunderbird for several years now. Guess they can't fix it. What I do is open a message and immediately hit ctrl plus Home. This kills the unwanted repeating speech and puts you right at the top of the body of the message. Then just hit nvda key plus down arrow and it will read the entire message to the end if you want without any repeating of subject line.

Roger

On 10/14/2016 4:16 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi I am using Thunderbird the latest version sorry about that.