Re: New Thunderbird Version 102.0 Issues

Gene

I temporarily restored NVDA to use factory defaults.  I didn't think about that until now.  I found that NVDA does automatically leave forms mode when you tab out of the search field, but it goes back into forms mode automatically when you tab to the list.  Whether you have done a search and you are in the list of results, or you just tab to the list without doing a search, in which case you see all entries in the address book, you automatically go into forms mode in the list so you need do nothing.

In the old days, you could just use first letter navigation in the list so this is a little less convenient but its only a minor drawback.  Even before the change, I used autocomplete because it was faster and easier.

Gene

On 7/3/2022 5:22 AM, Gene wrote:

On considering this further, from what you say, NVDA doesn't go into browse mode automatically when you tab away from the search field.  But if anyone is either on the main list or in a list of search results and you can't move properly through the list, turn off browse mode and you will be able to do so.

Gene
On 7/3/2022 1:22 AM, William wrote:
Gene  and all,

I am using nvda 2022.1, thunderbird 102, Mozilla Apps Enhancements 1.16

If I open the addressbook, say pressing ctrl shift b,

nvda immediately focus onto the search field.

If I type something like nvda, then I press two taps I can browse all the match search results by moving up or down arrow.

<fjavids@...>

Gene 於 3/7/2022 13:47 寫道:
Here is more information:
It appears what I did working with the address book had no bearing on the add-on working.

I'm running Thunderbird Portable so I updated an old version and tried working with the add-on in the newly updated version.  The add-on worked, even though I hadn't done what I did in the address book in the version I updated earlier.

I hope others discuss whether the add-on works if they update.  I don't know if the add-on generally works or not and if people are going to ask that it be modified to work with the new version, we need to know if the modification is necessary.

Gene

On 7/2/2022 7:10 PM, Gene wrote:
Here is an odd thing.  The NVDA Mozilla apps enhancements didn't work when I first tried it in the new version.  I tried it again a little later and now it does.  I was playing with the address book search, and I have no idea if that changed anything regarding the layout but it works for now, at least for now, I don't know if it will continue to work.

Gene

On 7/2/2022 6:58 PM, Gene wrote:
If you want to look down the list of addresses, if you turn browse mode off in the address book and tab to the list, you can up and down arrow in it and it will appear as a standard list.  There is no first letter navigation.

Autocomplete works as before in e-mail messages.  I haven't played with the search address book feature to any extent and I'm not sure I understand it yet.

Gene

On 7/2/2022 6:50 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
Here, below my signature, is the page that comes up in Thunderbird the first time it runs after the update.  As you will see, the header layout has been changed, which assumedly, accounts for the NVDA Mozilla enhancements no longer working.

If people aren't aware of this, you can set Thunderbird not to update automatically and to inform you when updates are available.

Gene

New in Thunderbird 102
This article describes some of the major changes visible to users in Thunderbird version 102. Full details of all the changes can be found in the Thunderbird release notes from 102.0 and up.
Thunderbird is both free and freedom respecting, but we’re also completely funded by donations! Help us sustain the project and continue to improve.
Screenshot of Thunderbird's new system dark mode.
Screenshot of Thunderbird's new message header.
MESSAGE HEADER REDESIGN
Thunderbird 102 helps you be more productive with less effort. When reading your email, the redesigned message header allows you to focus on what matters as it highlights important information. It’s also more responsive and easier to navigate. Plus, you can star important messages from the message header itself, and easily convert them into a calendar event or a task.
NEW ADDRESS BOOK
Thunderbird 102 gives your contacts a serious upgrade! The refreshed design makes it easier to navigate and interact with your contacts, and helps you better understand who you’re communicating with. The new Address Book has compatibility with vCard specs, meaning if your app can export your existing contacts into vCard format, Thunderbird can import them. Each contact card also acts as a launchpad for messaging, email, and event creation.
Screenshot of Thunderbird's new addressbook.
Screenshot of the new import and export wizards in Thunderbird.
NEW IMPORT/EXPORT WIZARD
Thunderbird 102 makes it quick and simple to move your accounts and data around. The new step-by-step wizard provides a guided experience for importing all that data that’s important to you. We’ve also taken extra precautions to ensure that no data is accidentally duplicated in your profile after an import. Moving from Outlook, SeaMonkey, or another Thunderbird installation is easier than ever. No add-ons required!
NEW SPACES TOOLBAR
Thunderbird 102 makes navigating the application more intuitive thanks to the the new Spaces Toolbar. Move between all of your activities with ease, whether it’s managing email, working with contacts through the awesome new address book, using the calendar and tasks functionality, chat, and even add-ons! If you want to save screen real estate, the Spaces Toolbar can be dismissed, and you can instead navigate the different activities Thunderbird offers with the new Pinned Spaces tab.
Screenshot showing the new matrix chat in Thunderbird.
Screenshot of the new spaces toolbar in Thunderbird.
NEW MATRIX CHAT SUPPORT
Thunderbird 102 offers a new way to chat privately and securely with your colleagues, friends, and family. We’ve added support for the open-source, decentralized chat protocol Matrix, and it’s usable right out of the box! (As always, we welcome your feedback since it’s an evolving service.)
OTHER NOTABLE CHANGES
There are many other big changes that make Thunderbird 102 a very large release including:
• New Icons and Default Folder Colors
• Use Thunderbird without an email account (for example, as an RSS reader)
• Numerous OpenPGP improvements
• CalendarLocal parser converted to javascript
• Today Pane calendar UI refresh
• POP3 implemented in javascript
• Account settings moved to macOS application menu
• Plus: Application-wide font size control, Theme fixes, FileLink fixes, Accessibility fixes, improved vCard integration, improved calendar startup performance, Calendar fixes including correct order of week view headers and days for right to left locales.
You can see details of all our changes in the release notes for Thunderbird 102.0 and up.
THUNDERBIRD IS FUNDED BY USERS LIKE YOU
Thunderbird is both free and freedom respecting, but we’re also completely funded by donations! Help us sustain the project and continue to improve.
 DONATE
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Keep up with the latest and greatest updates on news, features, events, and previews, and get a sneak peek on the upcoming releases.

SIGN ME UP!
Thunderbird
For Organizations
Get Involved
Careers
Get Help
Blog
About Us
Contact Us
 @mozthunderbird
 Thunderbird
 @[email protected]
Page language:
English
Go
Privacy
Cookies
Legal
Participation Guidelines
Report Trademark or Copyright Infringement
Report Misuse of Thunderbird Trademark
Thunderbird is now part of MZLA Technologies Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mozilla Foundation. Portions of this content are ©1998–2022 by individual contributors. Content available under a Creative Commons license.
Contribute to this site