Re: Discord verification with nVDA

Sarah k Alawami

So, this is how I have my server set up as well. You must hit the checkmark. It’s actually at the bottom after the list of reactions. It will say enter to react, not pressed. It enter on it and you should be fine. If it says not pressed after you react then you’re successful. Or at least you should be, depending on the bot.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of JM Casey <jmcasey@...>
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2022 3:32:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Discord verification with nVDA

Hey everyone.

I use Discord a fair amount nowadays and generally find it to be quite friendly. However today I ran across a server that has a rules channel with a bot that requires you to “hit a green checkmark” to notify that you’ve read and accept the rules. There’s a message that says “react her:”, and I presume the green checkmark is somewhere around there – but it’s not being announced with nVDA and the “reactions menu” just shows a bunch of response graphics.

Anyone have any thoughts on how one can check the green checkmark using the keyboard and NVDA?

I’m not going to give the specific server link in public here on the list, but am hoping maybe someone has encountered this before.

Thanks.