Re: getting the repeting of the subject line in an e-mail to stop repeting when you open a message

Ejaz Shah

On my computer, if I open the messages in a new tab, NVDA does not repeat the subject line. Repeating of subject line happens if the message is opened in a new window. So, I always open Thunderbird messages in new tab and close with Control + w.

On 10/15/2016 2:21 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
NVDA has been doing this with Thunderbird for several years now. Guess they can't fix it. What I do is open a message and immediately hit ctrl plus Home. This kills the unwanted repeating speech and puts you right at the top of the body of the message. Then just hit nvda key plus down arrow and it will read the entire message to the end if you want without any repeating of subject line.

Roger

On 10/14/2016 4:16 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi I am using Thunderbird the latest version sorry about that.