From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Symbols and making them more 'english'

As well as Jacob's information about the location of the speech dictionary
itself, if you want to copy ALL your NVDA settings to move to a new
computer, you can create a portable copy (on say a memory stick) via the
NVDA Tools menu, move to the new computer, run the portable copy then from
NVDA's tools menu choose "install NVDA". Be sure to check "copy current
user configuration" when you make the portable version, and check "copy
portable version configuration" when you install on the new computer.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 1:22 AM, Brian's Mail list account <
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Yes this could be a nice feature to have but I fancy it could get very
difficult on multilingual systems!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@blindza.co.za>
On 2016-10-13 9:51 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

Is there an easy way to share tweaked symbols lists with other users
yet?
I have often been asked if my replacements and regrouping could be
imported onto another computer without having to manually alter them one at
a time.
All these line and tick and stuff, ot to mention number do upset us.
I have altered $&^_ etc to say ampasand up arrow et etc, and find it
much better Hsh is for # as well.

Anyone know the simple way to share it?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk