Re: FW: [Nvda-devel] Contracted braille input: testing in the next snapshot

Devin Prater

Thank you, Jamie, for all this. I've tried it, and writing "computer" in English US, grade 2 doesn't work, neither does using computer braille indicators, like 4-5-6, 3-4-6 to enter things like emoticons, although I guess that is a rather cheap way of getting around the ambiguity of US braille. Besides those little things though, input works wonderfully so far.

On 10/13/2016 3:10 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Amendment from Jamie: please use GitHub or NVDA development list to report issues rather than sending a tweet or email to him. Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: James Teh [mailto:jamie@...]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:06 PM
To: NVDA screen reader development <nvda-devel@...>
Subject: Re: [Nvda-devel] Contracted braille input: testing in the next snapshot

Please use GitHub or this list to report feedback, rather than emailing or tweeting me directly. Thanks.

Sent from a mobile device

On 14 Oct. 2016, at 3:11 am, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

For some time, NV Access and other contributors were researching methods of letting users input text using contracted braille via a braille display. -I’m delighted to announce that  a test version (in the form of a next branch snapshot) is now available (next-13643).

More information on this effort can be found at:

And:

Issues to be tested include:

*General experience when entering text in contracted braille in various situations.

* Entering text using various tables, including Unified English Braille (UEB), various English and other language tables and others.

* Other unexpected situations.

If you have feedback:

·         GitHub users: please comment on issues 2439 and/or 6449.

·         Send an email to James Teh (NV Access) at Jamie@....

·         Contact braille contributors, including I (Joseph Lee; new UEB table set, Korean braille tables and BrailleNote), Leonard (HIMS products), Davy Kager (Liblouis and Dutch tables), Michel Such (French translator), Derek Riemer (UEB input tester) and others.

·         Some of us have Twitter handles (Jamie’s is @jcsteh, mine is @joslee, Derek’s is @derekriemer) and others. You can also use #NVDASR hashtag or mention @NVAccess.

As this is an important feature, please test this feature widely. Thanks, and I and others look forward to reading your feedback.

Cheers,

Joseph