Re: Please update Enhanced Phonetic Reading App

Hi,

This is quite an interesting suggestion, but I doubt it can be implemented quite easily. This is more so now as tools exist to update NVDA without relying on its own update mechanism - some people are using a tool called Winget (Windows Package Manager) to update NVDA, in which case you won't be prompted to save current version as a portable copy somewhere. Same goes with the Windows Store version of NVDA where Microsoft Store takes care of updates.

As for the game changer I'm talking about, well, looks like the cat is out of the bag, so:

Later this year NVDA will include its own delayed character description functionality provided that this feature (introduced to a recent alpha build) stays in NVDA 2022.3. This continues the recent trend of add-on ideas or features becoming part of NVDA screen reader.

Cheers,

Joseph