Re: Reading Japanese with NVDA 2022.2

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 02:13 PM, David Goldfield wrote:
Also, if we’re talking about a Web page the developer(s) of the page need to be using the language attribute correctly. Just having the page being written or displayed in the Japanese language won’t switch the synth language to Japanese if English is still being used as the default or primary language.
-
I'll just say that this completely accurate observation can be extended to any document where multiple languages are used.  It is up to the author(s) of said material to correctly specify when a language is switching away from, and back to, the primary language and to specify correctly what language is being switched to.

If none of that's in place there is currently no AI involved as far as knowing that a language has switched.  Switching is directly dependent on the necessary markers being present in the source material.

         ~ Vance Packard