locked Re: First question

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. 4 GB will work, but you ideally want at least 8, and adding an extra 4 GB really isn't all that costly.

As for different computer brands, as this is subjective and begins to stray from the topic of NVDA, I suggest you ask on a list dedicated to discussing such things, or on the chat subgroup.

Thanks.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 7:29 PM Harry Spencer <hespencer55@...> wrote:
Hello. I've been lurking on this list for a couple of months and have
learned a lot. I have an immediate problem. My 10-year-old Toshiba
laptop died a couple of days ago.

I want to buy an inexpensive laptop as an replacement, but nothing
fancy, just Windows 10 or 11 with Thunderbird and MS Word and latest
NVDA. Mostly, I use a laptop for a backup for my desktop PC and word
processing.

In the past, I heard that JAWS and other screenreaders need lots of RAM,
8 GB or more. All the cheap laptops I'm looking at start at 4GB RAM. Is
that enough for NVDA?

Any suggesstions on me buying a cheap backup laptop functional with NVDA
will b very much appreciated.

Thanks. Harry

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

Thank you, and have a great day!