From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Harry Spencer
Sent: July 25, 2022 8:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] First question

Hello. I've been lurking on this list for a couple of months and have learned a lot. I have an immediate problem. My 10-year-old Toshiba laptop died a couple of days ago.

I want to buy an inexpensive laptop as an replacement, but nothing fancy, just Windows 10 or 11 with Thunderbird and MS Word and latest NVDA. Mostly, I use a laptop for a backup for my desktop PC and word processing.

In the past, I heard that JAWS and other screenreaders need lots of RAM,
8 GB or more. All the cheap laptops I'm looking at start at 4GB RAM. Is that enough for NVDA?

Any suggesstions on me buying a cheap backup laptop functional with NVDA will b very much appreciated.

Thanks. Harry