Re: Reading Japanese with NVDA 2022.2

Sharni-Lee Ward

I didn't expect perfection, but at least it's not what Espeak NG seemed to be doing when I scrolled through the language list the other day, and spell out e v e r y s i n g l e w o r d that is in a Latin alphabet. That I could not stand, or I'd have just switched to the Espeak NG Japanese voice and never mentioned anything to you guys here.

Unfortunately, though, I can't seem to access any of the voices I installed (I got the English Great Britain and English Ireland voice packages too). I don't know what I've done wrong—I followed the instructions I was given exactly, but All I see are David, Zera, James, Catherine and Mark.

On 27/07/2022 3:10 am, Shawn via groups.io wrote:

So I just added the one core Japanese voices just for fun, there are 2 female and one male, and they all speak Japanesified English otherwise known as Engrish. It says odd doh instead of add, bot toe instead of bat, and rawng ghehjeh, or rawng gheh reggie
depending on which voice you use, instead of language. Those are a few examples. It would take some getting used to, but if it saves you from constantly switching languages, and you want a free option, I think you could get used to it.

Shawn Klein

On 7/26/2022 5:52 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
one core voices do have japanese. go into settings, windows+i. accessibility in windows11, or ease of access in windows10. down to narrator, tab to add voices, tab to add more voices under language packs, go select japanese and it will be downloaded and installed. restart NVDA and then you get one core japanese voices.