Re: NVDA on Patreon?

Pranav Lal

Quentin, all,

I have backed an artist on patreon. The problem is one of providing exclusive content to backers. You launch campaigns, promote them and get people to back them.

However, we can perhaps have a broader conversation to determine if it is worth nvaccess using a crowd funding platform. Remember, the platform takes a cut, so does the payment system therefore the lesser the players in the funding chain, the better it is.

We do have an example in the adaptive technology space of one person asking for donations to his work on Linux accessibility. He is not doing significant promotions therefore I cannot tell what he is earning.

Linux Accessibility is creating Accessibility Support for Free Software | Patreon

Pranav