Re: Getting NVDA to announce braces when reading back code

Sharni-Lee Ward

When you mentioned Speech Dictionary values, I remembered I'd done
something involving braces and the pronunciation dictionary that meant
they were treated like quotes, because back then I didn't want to code
anything and I was reading a fanfic where braces were used to denote
animal speech. No wonder it hasn't seemed to be working!

On 16/10/2016 6:34 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Try setting punctuation level to all, or, honestly, for when I work
with php start and end tags, among a couple of others, I have added in
dictionary entries for those punctuation symbol combinations to make
it speak out values no matter which symbol level I have been working
with.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-10-16 7:24 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
Hi,

I'm learning how to program games and in the script I'm using, blocks of
code are marked with braces. I tried changing their symbol level to some
or none but it still didn't announce them. It's been long enough since I
did this that I've forgotten how I previously made it stick. What am I
doing wrong?