Re: Email atachments

Peter Beasley

It says colums unavailable.

Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email atachments

Did you issue the command I gave and then down arrow?  If so, you should see an item that says select columns.  If you having the view set to two line view, you should still hear select columns but that it is unavailable.  If you are using automatic, which I believe is the default, you should be able to open select coluns and then proceed.  If you are using one line view, you should also be able to select columns. 
Try what I described again.  That is:
Press alt then type v then v again then w.
Do not press enter after this.
Start down arrowing.  Let us know the results. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Gene

Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:54 AM

The ribbon version.

Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 9:28 PM

Are you using the menu version or the ribbon version?  My instructions were for the ribbon version.

Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 12:43 PM

Can’t find any reference to colums in the view menu.

Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:02 PM

Assuming you are using the ribbon version, issue the command alt v, then v again, then w.
You are in a menu. 
Down arrow to columns or something with similar wording. 
Press eter.
Up and down arrow to see the different columns.  I didn't play with this but once you get to attachments, if you tab, you should see a move up and a move down button.  Active whichever button you want with the space bar as many times as you want. 
I believe there is an ok button you tab to and activate after making whatever changes you want.
I didn't check. 

Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:07 AM

How do you do that?

Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:42 PM

If you change the order of the fields, that should determine what is read in which order.  Personally, I have no objection to having NVDA saying attachment first by default, I don't have a preference but my point is that you should be able to already determine the order within the program. 

Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:19 AM
Subject: [nvda] Email atachments

I use Windows live mail and it would be nice if NVDA could say has attachment before the subject like outlook express rather than after.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.