Re: Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I, as did Quentin, downloaded the problem PDF and it works great in Edge Browser.

On 7/29/2022 5:46 AM, Gene wrote:
However, if there are tables in a PDF document, Edge doesn't show them as tables and you can't use table navigation commands.

I use Edge for reading documents without tables because it opens them remarkably faster than Adobe, using Adobe accessibility rendering, if the documents are long.

The spelling is adobe with an e at the end.  Never assume the spelling of names other than common ones like John.  It may not matter on a list composed  of blind people but when corresponding with sighted people, it makes you look less competent.

Gene

On 7/29/2022 4:33 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
I have found that using Microsoft Edge to render these also works better than Adobi'es own reader.
Its all daft. There are even some where the Adobe reckons its not tagged for reading order, but clearly is as Edge does not run columns together. Its as if there are several standards out there and nobody supports them all. In theory, making a document format that you cannot change should be easy even using Word. Why everyone rushes to  PDF has always eluded me.

However more of a debate for the chat group, which we have had many times in many forums and nobody every seems to  take any notice whatsoever.

Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;