From: Jackie
Sent: 29 July 2022 16:25
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Adobe Acrobat reader & NVDA

I hate Edge. I seriously hate edge. I guess if I have to use it I

will, but I'll cry or curse every time, likely the latter, depending

on my mood & whether kids are present.

On 7/29/22, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

Hi Group,
I, as did Quentin, downloaded the problem PDF and it works great in Edge
Browser.
On 7/29/2022 5:46 AM, Gene wrote:
However, if there are tables in a PDF document, Edge doesn't show them
as tables and you can't use table navigation commands.
I use Edge for reading documents without tables because it opens them
remarkably faster than Adobe, using Adobe accessibility rendering, if
the documents are long.
The spelling is adobe with an e at the end.  Never assume the spelling
of names other than common ones like John.  It may not matter on a
list composed  of blind people but when corresponding with sighted
people, it makes you look less competent.
Gene
On 7/29/2022 4:33 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
I have found that using Microsoft Edge to render these also works
better than Adobi'es own reader.
Its all daft. There are even some where the Adobe reckons its not
tagged for reading order, but clearly is as Edge does not run columns
together. Its as if there are several standards out there and nobody
supports them all. In theory, making a document format that you
cannot change should be easy even using Word. Why everyone rushes to
PDF has always eluded me.
However more of a debate for the chat group, which we have had many
times in many forums and nobody every seems to  take any notice
whatsoever.
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to
correct
them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and
cling to its past achievements is no virtue!