Re: Problems with Thunderbird using NVDA

Ron Canazzi

Hi Howard,

I have never seen this issue with the installed version.  Maybe try it again on Windows 11.  I think NVDA performs much better with Thunderbird than does JAWS.

On 8/2/2022 7:51 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Setting up my win11 machine using current NVDA and thunderbird portable. When I move from thunderbird to another program window (alt plus tab) and then come back to thunderbird (alt plus tab), the list of messages is "not available".  Only after I tab and shift tab does it become available.  I am new to this thunderbird portable; so I'm wondering if it's just a thing with the portable version and maybe should I go back to an installed version which I've used for years with only a different set of problems.

Thank you.

Howard

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;