Re: Problems with Thunderbird using NVDA

Rui Fontes

Hi Howard!

Are you sure you are using the last portable version of Thunderbird?

That behaviour was found on old versions and it is already corrected lots of versions prior to the most updated version...

Rui Fontes

Às 14:49 de 02/08/2022, Howard Traxler escreveu:

Thanks Ron,

Speaking of thunderbird and jaws, I have an interesting situation.

With NVDA and into reading a message, press delete and it goes to the next message; but then interrupts it to tell me about moving the old one to trash.  It also interrupts to tell me it's downloading and how many.  Quite a nuiscence.  The interruption problem does not occur when using jaws.  There must be a setting that I can make in NVDA.

Howard

On 8/2/2022 8:16 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Howard,

I have never seen this issue with the installed version.  Maybe try it again on Windows 11.  I think NVDA performs much better with Thunderbird than does JAWS.

On 8/2/2022 7:51 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Setting up my win11 machine using current NVDA and thunderbird portable. When I move from thunderbird to another program window (alt plus tab) and then come back to thunderbird (alt plus tab), the list of messages is "not available".  Only after I tab and shift tab does it become available.  I am new to this thunderbird portable; so I'm wondering if it's just a thing with the portable version and maybe should I go back to an installed version which I've used for years with only a different set of problems.

Thank you.

Howard