Re: Does updating NVDA preserve setttings?

slery <slerythema@...>

This last update to 2016.3 did not keep my speech settings and I had to go in and reset them.

Cindy

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2016 10:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Does updating NVDA preserve setttings?

John,

        Someone else who uses a Braille display will have to absolutely confirm with regard to that.  My experience with upgrading NVDA from release to release using the internal update feature or installing release candidate software has kept all of my settings preserved as well as all the add-ons I've installed.  This is common practice now and the only deviation I commonly see from it is the inclusion of a specific question during certain installs where a question is asked as to whether you'd like to do a clean install and telling you this resets everything back to "out of the box" condition.   NVDA has never presented me with one of these and has always carried my settings forward.