Re: Article on Screen Reader History (including NVDA)

Gene

I stated what I stated clearly.  I am not responsible if I state something clearly and this or that person misunderstands me.  You love to charge me with saying something that is not what I mean.  If you can go back and quote me anything I've said in this thread that means something other than what I said, I'll consider it.

I have said clearly that screen-reader developers do not intend people to go down an article line by line with a mouse and read it in that way.  What can be more clear than that.  The person hasn't said he didn't do that.  If he says he didn't, I'd like to know what he did and I can then address what he did.

I'll try to find the first article from the person I've been discussing this with so you can see what I responded to.

Gene

On 8/4/2022 1:46 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Gene,

Yet again, you pay no attention about how the responses to your posts indicate something about how you are read by others.

Your intent doesn't matter one iota if enough people interpret your messages differently, and are clear about how they're interpreting them.  That has happened, repeatedly, during this conversation, and without any involvement from me.  Yet you keep saying the same thing over and over again, in exactly the same way, thinking that your intent, which no one seems to be getting, is what's important.  It's not.  Your readership has made clear what it's interpretation is.  It is incumbent on you, not multiple readers, to adjust.  But you won't.  You never do.  You just make posts like the one you just made.  It's a problem, and it's a problem of your making.

         ~ Vance Packard