Re: Excel not speaking cell coordinates or content on startup or refocus

Luke Davis

Dark Count wrote:

I am running into a rather odd situation when I startup Excel
Or when I take focus away from it and minimize, then come back to it.
NVDA will say A1 selected, and then will not speak as I arrow around.
I had something similar to this happening with Office 2019, about 18 months ago. I reported it in a Github issue, but it never got any love. In my case, the logs showed that the virtual buffer was crashing, and the alt trick caused it to be reinitialized. But switching apps would also fix it, which doesn't seem to be happening with you.

Have you tried NVDA with add-ons disabled?

Also, have you tried the COM Registration Fixing Tool in the NVDA tools menu?

Luke