Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 09:05 AM, Gene wrote:
It may be that if you have version 91.x and earlier, you won't update directly to 102.x.  The program may  first update you to an earlier version and from that earlier version the next update may be to 102.exe.  But if you have a recent enough version, you will get an update to 102.exe.

I updated last night.  The version I got last night is 102.1.1.
-
No, Gene, the page is not worded incorrectly.

The most recent RELEASE UPDATE CHANNEL VERSION is 91.12.0.

There is no direct update to 102.X on the RELEASE UPDATE CHANNEL because that version is not yet on that channel, which is the one where production releases reside and automatic updates occur.

If you have manually updated, at any point, to a release such as 102.X it will continue automatically updating along the release channel it's in, but that is not the usual production release channel.

The 102 series is a beta.  A rose by any other name . . .

         ~ Vance Packard