Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Gene

And manually updating isn't limited to going to a web page, downloading the exe file and running it.

The about dialog in the program itself shows an update button unless you are now running 102.2.  The program itself is telling you to update if you rely on information in the about dialog.  It also tells you that you are on the main update channel.

Gene

On 8/7/2022 10:08 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

I am retracting my prior assertion about 102.X releases.  They have very recently been put on a PARALLEL release channel and it's now 102.x that will download from the main Thunderbird page (https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/, in the USA).  It's also reflected on the Thunderbird Releases page, and landed there at the very end of June.  The one-hundred-plus releases channel is, at the moment, disjoint from the earlier release channel progression.

But the "conventional release channel" (they don't term these channels at all well or distinctively) where automatic updates progress through from the lower numbers does end, at the moment, with 91.12.0.

It appears that at the moment there exist betas for both 103.X and 104.X releases.

I would advise those who have not manually downloaded the one-hundred-two release to replace their ninety-one release not to do so yet.  It's clear that it has introduced certain accessibility issues that keep being brought up.

         ~ Vance Packard