Re: inserted advertising

Howard Traxler

Thank you Tyler, It looks like your first suggestion did the job.
<HT>

On 8/7/2022 10:21 AM, Tyler Spivey via groups.io wrote:
If you want to remove the word inserted, uncheck Editor revisions in NVDA's Document Formatting settings.
But if that still isn't enough for you and you want to remove the advertisements altogether, look into an adblocker. I've found uBlock Origin works well enough with NVDA.
You'll sometimes need to deactivate it on certain sites, but if you're browsing in Chrome, F6 will get you to the address bar, then tab will get you to the set of buttons. After that, you can right arrow to uBlock Origin and activate it with space.

On 8/7/2022 7:46 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
On many websites, on lots of lines NVDA says

inserted advertising inserted inserted

This information doesn't seem to be on screen so it's probably a function of NVDA.  I'm sure it's something I can turn off if I knew how or where.  Can someone give me a hand with this one?

Thank you

Howard or <HT>

--
It's so convenient when you folks sign your messages with your name (or even an alias). Then I don't have to close the message and look through the headings to find the originator.