From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2022 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] inserted advertising

Mary's suggestion about using a reader mode, when available, is an excellent one.

Another thing is using something like uBlock Origin (my favorite, and way more than just an ad-blocker) in your browser of choice if said browser isn't something like Brave or Vivaldi where those same functions are largely built-in on security and privacy-focused browsers.

I haven't surfed the web in literally decades without an ad-blocker of some sort active, so I see very little of this material. If it drives me insane for "visual clutter" distractions I can only imagine what it does as far as needlessly making accessibility to "real content" way more tedious.

*The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.*

~ Vance Packard