Re: inserted advertising

Brian's Mail list account

Indeed, but increasingly I am finding sites that say something like, you are using an advertisement blocker. You will only be able to access the site if you remove or turn it off, then a link to how to do this in the popular browsers.
The problem is, that I have little issue with adverts, if they are built with access in mind. Its no good having an accessible site, then allowing any tom dick or Harry to put inline advertising in that breaks the site for access. Maybe those writing advertising content need to get educated as well as web designers.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2022 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] inserted advertising

Mary's suggestion about using a reader mode, when available, is an excellent one.

Another thing is using something like uBlock Origin (my favorite, and way more than just an ad-blocker) in your browser of choice if said browser isn't something like Brave or Vivaldi where those same functions are largely built-in on security and privacy-focused browsers.

I haven't surfed the web in literally decades without an ad-blocker of some sort active, so I see very little of this material. If it drives me insane for "visual clutter" distractions I can only imagine what it does as far as needlessly making accessibility to "real content" way more tedious.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.*

~ Vance Packard

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.